ACD, art (with a minor in writing). I am current with consumer culture and cultural trends. It doesn’t matter how much you know, if you don’t know what’s going on.
In addition to hands-on brand development across media, I play an important role in messaging strategies and am skilled at sifting through research to find golden nuggets. I have a one-of-a-kind creative skillset, coupled with a thoughtful and diplomatic demeanor. Powered by curiosity, I’ve found that being a creative is not a living, it is living.
With an appreciation of the written and spoken word, I understand the value of storytelling to a brand’s DNA. Creative efficacy through research, strategy, and design contribute to success–but it won't win hearts and minds without a unviversal big idea. As a “hands on” creative director—I'm in the trenches with the latest Adobe Creative Suite. As a human, who has been creative all of my life, I don't feel complete unless I’m pushing a creative boundary or engrossed in a messaging solution.
I’ve worked for a large global ad agency, a smallish ad agency, and I freelanced for many years. Over time, I've developed a creative methodology, that it turns out is very similar to the way the many of the great agencies work–DDB, TBWA\Chiat\Day and Landor to name a few. Layering onto that, I prefer to work on brands that need a thoughtful human with a vision.
I’m able to synthesize info dumps, find campaign nuggets, and make connections.
Thinking Skills. Art and creative direction, design, campaign strategy, short-form and long-form copywriting, campaign development, positioning.
Doing Skills. Print, digital, motion design, video, custom fonts.
Channels. Print, digital, OOH, video, in-store, events, social media, experience design.
Sectors. Luxury, tech, finance, healthcare and health-realted products, retail, education, logistics, food and beverage, eco-friendly.
Tools. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Animate, PowerPoint, Sketch, Glyphs, Dreamweaver.
I consume a quality diet of podcasts. Feeding your mind is an underrated activity. I don't leave my body behind, I also have six-pack abs. I highly recommend the The Disrupter Series, Digiday's Making Marketing, and Ad Age Ad Lib. Listing to a podcast from a thought leader or luminary is priceless. In a way, each guest and host has mentored me. Too many "stars," to name and I hate to leave anyone out – a few favorites Rob Schwartz of TBWA\Chiat\Day\NY; Wendy Clark of DDB; Dan Wieden of Wieden & Kennedy; Jeff Goodby of Goodby, Silverstein & Partners. Really enjoy the thoughts of Genius/Steals, too.
- NJAdClub, Social Media Branding Building, KPMG – 2019
- NJAdClub, Digital Display, KPMG – 2019
- NJAdClub, Print Advertising, Verizon – 2019
- NJAdClub, Print Advertising, Verizon – 2019
- NJAdClub, Logo Design, Nature Conservancy– 2019
- NJAdClub, Social Media and Short-form Video, IEEE – 2019
- NJAdClub, Blog Writing (The Rise of the Independent Agency) – 2019
- Featured in "LogoLounge 10" – 2017
- Platinum Hermes Award for Logo Design – 2016
- Muse Creative Award - Brochure Design – 2016
- Platinum MarCom Award for Print Ad Design – 2013
- American Web Design Award (GD USA Magazine) – 2013
- Winner of two VEMA Awards for Web Design 2013
- Logo chosen by L.L. Bean for feature in their Spring Business Apparel Catalog – 2012
- Winner of 6 American Graphic Design Awards; Featured in GD USA Magazine – 2012
- Featured in “LogoLounge Book 7” – 2012
- MarCom Award (Platinum) Logo Design – 2011
- Featured in “Business Cards 1,” edited by David E. Carter – 2011
- International Design Awards (Gold) Integrated Launch – 2011
- American Web Design Award (GD USA Magazine) – 2011
- Hermes Creative Award (Platinum) Integrated Launch – 2011
- Hermes Creative Award (Platinum) Logo Design – 2011
- Hermes Creative Award Mobile Web Design – 2011
- Hermes Creative Award Microsite Web Design – 2011
- American Design Awards Brochure Design – 2011
- Finalist IDA – Designer of the Year – 2011
- Featured in Graphic Design USA Magazine 2010-2011
- American Graphic Design Award Winner for Web Design – 2010
- American Graphic Design Award Winner for Logo Design – 2010
- Featured in “LogoLounge Master Library Series” – 2010
- Featured in “The New Big Book of Layouts,” HarperCollins – 2010
- MarCom Award (Platinum) Brochure Design – 2010
- MarCom Award (Platinum) Logo Design – 2009
- Association of Marketing & Communications Professionals Logo Design – 2009
- Association of Marketing & Communications Professionals Web Design – 2009
- Association of Marketing & Communications Professionals Brochure Design – 2009